Monday, September 8, 2008

Eat, Pray, and my Love is at home…

EAT: I’ve been at CORD for only a week now. Unsurprisingly, I’ve befriended the cooks. Foodie friends/family, admit it you would have done the same :0). Upon entering the cafeteria, I am greeted by each cook with a smile. I think the cooks like me because I never turn down seconds or it may be because I keep them in business? I’m not sure… But the cooks seem to like me and I seem to like the food. After my 6 months internship in rural India I was hoping to come back to Canada as thin as Kate Moss; however, at the rate I’m going I may come back looking like Rosie O’Donald.
PRAY: Every morning I wake up at 5:30a.m. to attend 6a.m. “Arti” (prayer). Prayer is held in a small marble room at the Tapovan Ashram under the Himalayas. I couldn’t have even imagined a better place to be close to God. Lately, I’ve been asking for strength (because not everything has gone smoothly these past few days) and I've been thanking him for my surroundings and my new experiences (even the negative ones!).
LOVE: Dear James, I just want to thank you for being you. You have been extremely supportive these past few days. What would I have done without you? Your kindness and support is a continual reminder why I love you SOOO much. My love for you grows each and everyday... I miss you terribly… I look forward to seeing you next - perhaps in the Himalayas?! Also, may I advise you that your Hugo Boss atire not be appropriate for rural Sidhbari :0).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You hang in there, Heidi. If anyone can do it, you can. We miss you!

Monique R, not B